Little Bit (March 1996 – November 21, 2013)

HomeForumsOff TopicLittle Bit (March 1996 – November 21, 2013)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SKY
    SKY
    Participant

Little Bit

Today I had to make the tough decision to put Little Bit to sleep today. Second time I have had to make the hardest decision of my life.

Little Bit is the white cat in the picture, and Buttons is the Calico. Buttons had to be put to sleep back on May 6, 2010.

Little Bit just stopped eating a couple of weeks ago and I tried everything I could to make him start eating again. He would occasionally eat a small amount, which gave me hope that he would turn around. He had many vet visits the past couple of weeks to try to diagnose what was causing him not to eat. Nothing could ever be found. The vet said a lot of the times this happens with older cats. They just get to the point where they wouldn’t eat anymore. This past weekend he wouldn’t eat at all and I had made the decision to go ahead and have him put to sleep. I couldn’t watch him to starve to death. I was going to have it done yesterday, but he had a pretty good day and ate some. Took him to the vet and he said there would be no issues with waiting and giving him more time since he had shown interest in in food. He went back to not eating and didn’t seem to feel good last night. So I made the decision today and had it done this afternoon.

Buttons and Little Bit were the first pets I have ever had. It will be really strange not having either of them in my life anymore. Buttons lived to be 19 and Little Bit made it to 17 and 8 months. Tomorrow will be the first day I wake up in 22 years and not have either of them to take care of.

I was 14 when we rescued Buttons from my grandparents after her mother abandoned her at 2.5 weeks old. I was 19 when we rescued Little Bit. My sister was dating a guy that worked at a golf course and Little Bit’s mother was a barn cat at the course. Little Bit had a parasite that got into his neck, sort of like a Bot Fly. My sister brought him home to take him to the vet and have his neck treated. We got him treated and he never left.

It was hard losing Buttons, but I still had Little Bit to take care of. Now I have neither and it seems really strange. The house seems really empty.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I wanted to share Little Bit. I don’t want to be depressing but I wanted to write something down. Writing this has helped me work through my emotions that I am dealing with.

Tangaroo
    Tangaroo
    Participant

RIP, Senior Little Bit.

gangsta styL1n
    gangsta styL1n
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear about your loss. RIP Little Bit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.