off topic 2.0

HomeForumsOff Topicoff topic 2.0

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 864 total)
  • Author
    Tangaroo
    Tangaroo
    Participant

What the fuck happened to Nick? When was the last time anybody talked to him?

SKY
    SKY
    Participant

I talked to him on live a few weeks ago. And by talk i mean we sent messages to each other.

Tangaroo
    Tangaroo
    Participant

And what did he say?

SKY
    SKY
    Participant

Apparently he has modded his xbox so he could play burned games, and he was asking if I knew about it. Was saying that even if you get caught and your console banned it is worth it since you can get a console for 90 bucks, and brand new games are only 30 bucks cheaper.

gangsta styL1n
    gangsta styL1n
    Keymaster
    Tangaroo
    Tangaroo
    Participant

Wall of text. Can I get a tl;dr?

capnbozzy
    capnbozzy
    Participant

Hey guys, I recently got a new PC and have been playing some games. I decided to try out Tribes: Ascend, and it’s pretty fun, but a neutered version of T2/TAA. The inclusion of submachine/machine/chainguns makes the game pretty frustrating, especially running around as a heavy with mortar/spinfusor with no air coverage (and oh yeah, every class can only carry two weapons at a time like Halo). The maps pale in comparison to TAA, are all pretty small, and the only old map that’s been carried over is Katabatic. Inventory stations cannot be destroyed (only taken offline when generator (only 1 now) goes down), and you can call in tactical strikes, orbital strikes, and remote inventory stations when you earn enough points like a CoD game. So it’s basically a watered down T2/TAA mixed with CoD. Fun for an occasional Tribes fix but ultimately a misfire, which is a shame. The game has potential but Hi-Rez changed the formula too much for players of the previous games to really get into – that’s my 2 cents anyway.

Other than that I really only play single player games like Skyrim but I’ve been enjoying PC gaming a lot and would say I can’t argue with the PC fanboys – being able to mod games is great and mouse and keyboard has become my preference now – using a controller seems clunky and less immersive in comparison now.

That’s all – what have you guys been playing recently?

Tangaroo
    Tangaroo
    Participant

How do you find the time to play games when you’re so busy acting as Earths ambassador to transdimensional beings? Seems like it would be a full time job in and of itself. 😛

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Tangaroo Tangaroo.
    • This reply was modified 4 years ago by Tangaroo Tangaroo.
    capnbozzy
    capnbozzy
    Participant

Haha, I suppose I deserve that. I still enjoy playing games now and then, regardless of the other things that I’m involved in.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by capnbozzy capnbozzy.
    Tangaroo
    Tangaroo
    Participant

I was just givin’ you shit since we haven’t seen you in awhile. I’d be remiss if I didn’t.

All jokes aside, I’ve gotten more into PC gaming too. I built a PC last march and have been doing most of my gaming on there now.

capnbozzy
    capnbozzy
    Participant

I wouldn’t expect anything less from you 😉

I built my PC as well with help from a friend and love it.

Tangaroo
    Tangaroo
    Participant

What’s your library look like? I’ve managed to pick up a bunch of games off of the humble bundle for pretty cheap.

On Steam I have

BioShock Infinite
    Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
    Cyrsis 2 Maximum Edition
    Darksiders 1 and 2
    Dead Space
    Medal of Honor Single and Multiplayer
    Mirror’s Edge
    Red Faction: Armageddon
    Red Faction: Guerrilla
    Torchlight 2

On Origin I have

Battlefield 3
    Crysis 3: Hunter Edition
    Dead Space 3
    The Sims 3
    The Sims 3: High-end Loft Stuff
    The Sims 3: Late Night Expansion Pack

And then I have Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, which is what I’ve been playing lately. It’s fucking amazing.

capnbozzy
    capnbozzy
    Participant

I’ve admittedly pirated a lot of these games, but here are the newer games that I have:

Mass Effect Series
    Skyrim
    Tribes: Ascend
    Far Cry 3
    Crysis Series (except for 3 which I will get eventually)
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Civilization IV
    Borderlands 2
    The Walking Dead
    Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena
    Fallout 3
    Planetside 2
    Team Fortress 2

Other games on my list:

Dishonored
    GTA V
    Bioshock Series
    Fallout New Vegas
    Sleeping Dogs
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Dead Space Series
    Saints Row Series
    Assassin’s Creed Series
    The Witcher 2

I’ve honestly never played a FF game other than a little bit of the older 2D ones – I’ve just never been able to get into them, although I do not doubt that they are good games.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by capnbozzy capnbozzy.
    Tangaroo
    Tangaroo
    Participant

How’s Planetside 2? I’ve only played FFXI and FFXIV out of the FF line. I like both.

capnbozzy
    capnbozzy
    Participant

I’ve only played Planetside 2 once to try it out, and it’s a cool game, but definitely has a big learning curve. I played for maybe an hour or so and wasn’t able to accomplish much – pretty much everytime I entered a hot combat zone I got killed by someone I never saw within a few seconds. It’s F2P so there’s nothing to lose in checking it out.

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 864 total)

The topic ‘off topic 2.0’ is closed to new replies.